Saturday, March 17, 2012

Shea Monkey Fart's Supreme


I chose to make my second batch of soap in a crockpot as I did my first.  Its one of the ways to Hot Process soap vice Cold Process.  It's acroynm is CPHP - Crock Pot Hot Process.  One of these days I am going to try CPOP - Cold Process Oven Process.  You can make bigger batches that way as you shouldn't fill your crock pot more than 1/2 full or you may have a bubble over.  I had a bubble over last night even though it was only half full but I didn't keep an eye on it.  I had wandered into the living room.  Bad Donnita!!  

The recipe I made is as follows.  I use some animal fats in my soap.  This time I used some beef tallow.  Most folks that make homemade soap to sell don't as many people are either vegan or don't understand the wonderful soaps animal oils make.  But since I make it for me I do what I want.  I made a 2 lb of Oil batch and molded in my 3 lb log mold I got from a lovely Etsy seller.  Her dad makes these molds.  

Oils

25% Coconut Oil - 8 Ounces
8% Castor Oil - 2.56 Ounces
15% Olive Oil - 4.8 Ounces
22% Beef Tallow - 7.04 Ounces
30% Shea Butter - 9.6 Ounces

Lye, Water, and Superfat

 Caution always mix lye into the water.. never water into the lye.  Know the safe handling of lye as well.  

26.748% Lye Concentration - 4.44 Ounces
38% Water as percent of oil weight - 12.16 Ounces
5% Super Fatted
      
Additives

.75  Ounce Per Pound of Oils Monkey Farts Fragrance Oil - 1.5 Ounces

When I made this I chose to up my frangrance to .75 ounce instead of the original .5 I had planned.  

www.soapcalc.net calculated recipe:    



Visit me at my Lost-Maine-iac Facebook Page!

No comments:

Post a Comment